We are excited to announce that the 15th International Conference of Naturalistic Decision Making will take place in conjunction with the Resilience Engineering Symposium from June 21st-24th, 2021. We are planning for a traditional conference meeting in Toulouse, France; however, this is subject to potential COVID restrictions.
The focus of the conference this year is about the pandemic and how organizations have adapted to meet emerging challenges. From the symposium website:
The pandemic & other events around the world are shocks that stress human systems at scale. These events produce disruptions that spread over time and space inhibiting usual responses. Critically, there is uncertainty about when and how the event may be resolved, and, especially, uncertainty about what a resolution may look like. Whether we are scientists, engineers, or managers, how does our work help stakeholders look ahead to reconfigure systems and relationships? How do we guide adaptations, changes, and opportunities for renewal, while reducing natural tendencies for retreat and retrenchment?
The ShadowBox team will be involved in multiple presentations, including keynotes, interactive workshops, panel presentations, and research presentations. Highlights include:
- The contributions of Naturalistic Decision Making
- The Power of Curiosity
- Naturalistic Decision Making – Thinking about the future (conversation between Phil Tetlock and Gary Klein)
- Use of Tactical Decision Games in Decision-Making Training in the Military and Law Enforcement (workshop presented by John Schmitt)
- Health Care Cue-Detection Exercise (interactive exercise presented by Joseph Borders, John Schmitt, and colleagues)
- Safety in Child welfare panel (presented by Emily Newsome, Laura Militello, Jan Flory, and colleagues)
- Using the Video-Occlusion Research Method to Guide the Design of a Perceptual-Cognitive Training Program for Law Enforcement Officers (dissertation research presented by Mohammadreza Jalaeian)
We are looking forward to this opportunity to connect with our colleagues and friends in the Naturalistic Decision Making and Resilience Engineering communities. We hope to see you at the conference!
The full conference program is linked here. Please note that all times are listed in Central European Summer time (CEST, UTC + 2).